Smiles can tell us a lot about someone. Smiles can show health, happiness and confidence or sadness and embarrassment. People with healthy, exuberant smiles tend to be more successful in their careers and have a higher earning potential. If you are not feeling confident about your smile, it can hold you back from relationships and opportunities. It’s not all about the teeth – it’s about how you feel about your teeth. If you are feeling self-conscious about your teeth, talk with Dr. Holt or Dr. Peters at Northland Dental Studio about cosmetic dentistry today.
Recently, there have been many advancements in the field of a cosmetic dentistry. There are now many options available to enhance your smile that were not available even a few years ago. With the new research and discoveries in materials and technology, it is now much easier to create the beautiful smile that you have always wanted. Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in the way you look and feel about yourself. A beautiful smile can be very eye-catching.
Cosmetic Dentist in Austin
Options for smile improvement through cosmetic dentistry include, tooth whitening or bleaching, tooth contouring or reshaping, composite bonding, veneers, and crowns.
- Tooth whitening or bleaching assists in brightening teeth that are tarnished or stained from factors like consuming coffees and teas. Whitening can be achieved completely in the dental office or through a system which you can use at home.
- Tooth Contouring or reshaping can be used to make small changes to the shape or contour of the tooth. By rounding a corner or evening up the edges of the front teeth a big difference can be made in the appearance of your smile. The process, which often is combined with bonding, usually is quick and comfortable and the results can be seen immediately
- Resin Bonding allows you to enhance the appearance of teeth by restoring areas that are damaged, stained, or have gaps in between them. In the bonding procedure, tooth-colored components are bonded to the tooth surface. This minimally invasive process can be a wonderful way to create a beautiful smile.
- Veneers are slim custom-made porcelain covers intended to cover the front facet of teeth. Veneers enable you to close gaps between teeth, restore chipped or worn teeth, cover permanently discolored teeth, and create ideal proportions and placement for poorly shaped or slightly crooked teeth.
- Crowns can produce the same results as veneers achieve, but crowns are chosen when there is more of a breakdown of the teeth due to decay or wear. All-porcelain crowns tend to be more cosmetic in nature than porcelain fused-to-metal crowns, so be sure to discuss your type of crown with your dentist.
Who Benefits From Cosmetic Dentistry
Most everyone can benefit from cosmetic dentistry procedures. With their skilled eye and experience in smile design, Dr. Holt and Dr. Peters will guide you through the options that are best suited to creating your best smile. Call today to schedule your cosmetic consultation!