Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, ensuring that we can keep our patients and team safe. We are following the most current guidelines made by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We would like you to become familiar with the changes we have made to our office protocols.
- Prior to your appointment, our office will be in contact, by email, to have you complete a COVID-19 Advisory and Screening Form with questions about your overall health and potential for exposure to the virus. You’ll be asked to confirm your answers to these same questions again at your appointment.
- Please NOTIFY our office right away should you feel unwell at any time in the 10 days prior to your appointment, we will happily reschedule your appointment to a later date
- Waiting Room: Our reception is available for limited use.
- When you enter the office, please use our hand sanitizer and let us know you are here.
- Feel free to remain standing or take a seat in one of our “distanced” chairs.
- For your safety we will be cleaning the chairs after each use.
Please wear a mask or other face covering while inside the office, unless asked to remove it for your dental care by a NDS team member
- Consider bringing a light jacket to your appointment.
- We will be keeping the office cooler than normal for our team’s comfort and are not able to offer our comfortable blankets at this time.
- Hand Sanitize – Please use the provided hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- You will also find hand sanitizer in multiple places in the office for you to use as needed.
- When you enter the practice, you will be screened for an elevated temperature. Our team will be doing the same for your safety, in addition to other monitoring and the use of proper PPE.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
$15 COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment Temporary Surcharge:
The extraordinary circumstances over this past year have led to a dramatic increase to the costs of our PPE, office safety equipment, and our supplies. In light of these unanticipated, and significant expenses, it has become necessary to implement a $15 COVID-19 Personal Protective Equipment charge to your appointment. This charge will be due at the time of service and will be reimbursed to you, should insurance benefits be provided. The ADA is currently advocating for insurance carriers to accept this newly implemented fee and we urge you to reach our provider in support of this as well. Your safety continues to be our top priority and we will continue to invest in the best options for keeping our office safe. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate these challenging times. We hope that is only a temporary situation and look forward to reducing this charge as our costs begin to normalize.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back all our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your Northland Dental Team